In pest control, no two situations are the same. You will need a trained partner who will analyze your pest issue from all angles. At Dodson Pest Control, we implement an Integrated Pest Management (IPM) system that provides us with a full view of the issue and allows us to develop a targeted solution.
IPM revolves around these basic principles outlined by the Environmental Protection Agency:
- Acceptable Pest Levels— Although our goal is eradication, in some cases or industries controlling the pest population is the only option. We focus on keeping pests out of the unacceptable areas such as inside your home or place of business.
- Monitoring — Regular observation is important, as well as a thorough knowledge of the targeted pest behavior, habits, and reproductive cycles. Knowing these patterns helps us to devise an effective plan for control and prevention.
- Mechanical Controls — Mechanical methods are the preferred option for pest control. They include barriers, traps, and vacuuming.
- Responsible Use — Pesticides are only used as necessary in targeted applications.
Our IPM system provides the following:
- A comprehensive inspection to check all areas for pest activity.
- An analysis and evaluation that notes potential problem areas both inside and out of associated structures.
- An identification of specific pests and conditions conducive to their activity, which will help us provide the right treatment the first time.
- Sanitation recommendations to keep areas of your business clean and unattractive to pests.
- Maintenance recommendations to prevent pest entry into your place of business.
- Pest control recommendations that first offer non-pesticide control strategies such as the sealing of entry points, and then the use of devices such as baits, traps, and monitors as necessary to control infestations and prevent re-infestations.
- Ongoing monitoring, communication, and program evaluation to ensure we are providing you a pest free environment.
IPM is an ever changing program that will shift depending on the season. Dodson Pest Control can be the responsible partner you need to utilize IPM properly and provide you with a pest-free environment. Our comprehensive customizable programs will control any current issues you are experiencing and can provide you with a proactive strategy to suite your needs.