Pests in your home are more than an annoyance or nuisance. Roaches, ants, rodents, or other pests can cause health problems, allergies, food contamination, and damage to your home and furnishings. Pest control is needed everywhere whether it be at home, in apartments, office buildings, grocery stores, factories, hotels, restaurants, retail outlets, or warehouses.
At Dodson Bros., we have the knowledge and training to treat your specific pest control problem, and our service will aid to prevent future problems. Some of the common pest problems are ....
- Cockroaches-With plenty of food, warmth, water, and nesting sites, your home is the perfect environment for them to thrive. They can contaminate food and transmit diseases such as food poisoning and dysentery.
- Ants-Carpenter ants damage the wood structure of your home, fire ants sting, and pharaoh ants are difficult to eliminate and are thought to spread disease organisms.
- Rats & Mice-Rats carry serious diseases, and one mouse can contaminate ten times more food than it eats.
- Spiders, Crickets, Millipedes, Silverfish, Bees, and Wasps-These are other invaders to protect your home against.
Dodson Bros. uses an advanced and highly efficient pest management system to eliminate pests from your home or business. The foundation of this system is called Integrated Pest Management, or IPM. Through the practice of IPM, we seek to identify and eliminate contributing factors and conducive conditions necessary for the pest's survival.
First, we inspect to find the pest problem and its cause, and then look for any other potential problems. After analysis, we will offer a solution which may include various non-pesticide control recommendations such as additional housekeeping to reduce pest harborage and food, pest exclusion via screens and/or door sweeps, reduced attractiveness by changing the electrical lighting conditions or reducing moisture, or pest removal with a vacuum. These non-pesticide control techniques usually require both the cooperation and participation of the customer. The final step may be to install mechanical traps or to treat with materials to eliminate the infestation or to prevent a reinfestation. Treatment may include any of the following:
- Crack and Crevice Treatment-The careful placement of materials only in areas where insects live, breed, and hide, with minimal exposure to children, food, or pets.
- Traps-To mechanically control and eliminate rodents.
- Bait-Used to attract and draw the pest out of its protected environment and then to eliminate it once the bait is eaten.
- Exterior Protection-Creating a continuous barrier around the exterior of the home to control pests such as cockroaches, pavement ants, crickets, and earwigs before they enter the building.
- Directed Contact-Direct application of materials to the pests.
- Void Treatment-Treating dark, enclosed areas such as within walls and under cabinets.
- Insect Growth Regulators-Duplicate the insect's natural hormones to disrupt their natural growth and development.
All of the above treatment measures must be maintained and renewed periodically in order to remain effective.
We will inspect, advise, and then treat for as long as you have our Dodson Bros. service. Special care and special treatment to protect your home.
Contact your local Dodson office today